How Much does Bail Bond Cost

The cost of bail depends on the seriousness of the crime and on the "criminal past" of the person. The law does not make a specific amount dependent on the number of recidivism.

The 8th Amendment to the Constitution protects Americans from "excessive bail." In some states, defendants must pay the entire amount of bail, in others they pay about 10% of the amount and conclude a "bail bond", according to which a certain person promises to pay the rest of the amount (90%) in case of non–appearance of the defendant. 

There are examples when the collateral premium is 15% or at least $ 50, as in Colorado. Most prisons or courts charge communication, booking, or filing fees ranging from $5 to $50 each. Learn more about practice of  Denver bail bonds.

Image by Karolina Grabowska from Pexels

Related Posts